There are days, like in any respectable work environment, where you have them free. Considering that I have to wake up for work at 5am, these days are heaven when told in advance. And then there are days when I rush to get to school and find out I have nothing to do. So I decided it might be fun to share some of the explanations I get as to why I have no work.
I present to you…………
List of reasons why teacher Judrė sometimes doesn’t have class at Colegio Nacional San Simón:
- Woman’s Day that ends up being celebrated three days in a row.
- Theatre event.
- The bell ringer doesn’t ring the bell, therefore class does not happen.
- Raising of the school’s flag.
- The school has a recycling awareness day.
- The school has a water awareness day.
- Basically any awareness day.
- Other teachers feel like their subject is more important therefore they will not leave the class for you.
- Men’s Day celebration, because equality.
- A nun in the school decides that taking about religion is important enough to cut an hour of my class.
- A DJ appears at school and starts to entertain the kids which results in me not having an hour of class.
To be continued…